Hide the Decline

You knew it, I knew it, and they knew it.

Man-made climate change is a hoax and a sham.

Comments

The depth of the deceit came to light a few weeks ago when Steve McIntyre released data on the Siberian pine tree proxies that had been used for temperature reconstructions. Michael Mann, of the hockey stick graph, and others had cherry picked the data to reduce the impact of the Medieval warm period on the graph. That was not picked up by the peanut gallery that is the mainstream media.

Wanna bet this e-mail revelation won’t be broadcast until the AGW crowd comes up with what the press considers a plausible explanation?

2. Glad says:

I’m glad more evidence debunking climate change hysteria is coming to light.

Nevertheless, climate change has more to do with religion (http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/religion.htm) than science, so I doubt hard data will sway the most fanatical followers.

And of course, the predictable smears are certain to follow, because character assassination is an essential part of the scientific method. ;)

3. Dallasite says:

MMGW is the biggest lie ever told. It is the farthest thing from science since people thought volcanoes were caused by an angry god. Unfortunately it will damage legitimate science for decades.

The environmentalist industry was hijacked by communists after the fall of the Soviet Union, and their tactics and strategies are amazingly similar.

Secular humanism as a whole (my apologies to any secular humanists that host this blog) is in and of itself a religion, and as Dallasite pointed out, the MMGW movement latched onto the dominant secular humanist culture rampant in Europe to propagate this collection of lies.

And then, there was money to be made. Cha-ching!

Note that “Global Warming” fell out of vogue in the daily media re-hash of policy wish-list PR releases called “news” circa 2005, and then morphed into “climate change.” Then, it vanished about a year ago. Why?

More and more credible science was able to repudiate this myth. The truth is, Al Gore looks just like the frightened villager cowering before a volcano. Let’s just celebrate the fact that he’s not in a loin cloth.

5. I’m an atheist, not a humanist. Atheism means an absence of belief in a god or gods.

I don’t substitute a made up, left-wing philosophy, because my absence of belief doesn’t mean I need something in its place, any more than my absence of belief in forest elves mean I need a Gaia-based natural tree-hugging philosophy to fill the void. Because for me there is no void. That’s like telling me I have a void in my worldview because I don’t believe in alchemy.

So no offense taken, Amanda, and screw the secular humanists. And the global warming fundamentalists.

That’s Trey I know and love! See? Who says you can’t take a joke (or have some wishy-washy worldview)?

The enviro-weenies are a bunch of commies.

This keeps getting richer. The latest report says that the files in all likelihood were not hacked. They were being compiled to be set aside and avoid a claim based on the Freedom of Information Act in the UK. The suspicion is that an insider may have leaked the files.
    In addition even more incriminating than the e-mails, are the files of codes. The code files show that coders notes which document the “fixing” of the data in order to eliminate temperature changes in 1960/61. Discussion here: http://tinyurl.com/yj4tt6k

Also, interesting to note that while the “Star Telegram” has published at least one story on the “hacking” incident, the DMN has yet to publish a word. The WSJ’s lead editorial was on the incident today. DMN’s “environmental” reporter hasn’t even acknowledged the incident on the Environmental blog. So much for in depth local reporting.

9. Dallasite says:

Frank R,

The mainstream media hasn’t so much as questioned the MMGW theory. There’s no way they’re going to report fairly on the fraud and lies now.

Amanda,

How is there money to be made exactly? To me, it’s more credible to say that there is power to be consolidated — specifically, the specter of international regulatory agencies. The Kyoto Protocol seems to have been the opening salvo.

I guess power and money are sort of Tweedledee and Tweedledum in any event.

11. Dallasite says:

Daniel:

“How is there money to be made exactly?”

The environmentalism is a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States alone. Al Gore has raked in tens of millions from his bogus “documentary” and various carbon offset companies. Billions of taxpayer dollars from the so-called stimulus plan has gone to environmental organizations as a result of the MMGW scam.

Of course there’s the power, and the more you scare people with this absurd claim of a world ending climate catastrophe, the more power they will give up.

12. The problem is, if you have 999 scientist in a room who all agree that the sky is not falling. Then one person says… “the sky is falling” ….. Where do you think the news cameras are going to hover to?
    They will gladly go to the “Sky if falling guy”…. because there is no story in the sky not falling….. that’s boring.

There are scientist who get funded or not funded based on their conclusions, if their conclusions match with a theory that the powers that be want promoted…. then they get funding. So now we know how their side works, and why they no longer want to debate it.

But why do “the powers that be” want us to believe “the sky is falling”, because there are billions of dollars out there for companies who are making and developing “the cures” for what ails us…. the ones who are going to safety pin the sky back up.

It’s a sad state of affairs, but if a politicians lips are moving he is trying to take something from you.

That being said I recognize the irony when I say:
    John Jay Myers for United States Congress, Texas 30th District!

With one message…… limit government in any way I can. I do not want power over people, I want to set them free.

13. Back to topic I thought this was a good movie for folks to see the other side of the story.
    I would just like to see Al Gore debate one of these guys, but the fact that he wont speaks volumes.